Hyundai review reports spark
Cordiant share plunge
LONDON - Reports that Hyundai Motor is reviewing its US media account, held by Zenith Media, have sparked a plunge in the share price of the media buyer's co-owner Cordiant Communications.
Cordiant's shares fell by 8.1% to trade at 95.5p yesterday and continued to fall this morning dropping a further 1.6% to 94p, having opened on Wednesday at 104p. The Hyundai account is said to be worth more than £100m to Cordiant and was described by chairman Michael Bungey as one of the global rocks upon which the business is built.
In the US Zenith handles media while sister creative agency Bates USA West handles creative. It is understood that presentations will take place at Hyundai's headquarters in Seoul, South Korea, over the next ten days.
Hyundai UK is not reviewing its arrangements. It uses Leagas Delaney for creative and PhD for media buying. Hyundai Motor in Korea retains Diamond for creative advertising, while Hyundai Motor in Europe uses Atlas Advertising in London.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000, Central London