United increases market share
as ad volumes continue to fall
LONDON - United Business Media indicated no signs of recovery in the US advertising market as it reported a 41.5% decrease in ad page volumes for October.
United said the fall at its high-tech CMP Media division was less than the market's 46.3% across-the-board drop and narrower than September's figure, which saw volumes shrink by 43.8%.
However, CMP increased its market share in October to 30.1% from 27.6%. For the year to date, the division's market share has grown to 28.8%, up from 25.2%.
Ad page volumes are down 24% at CMP Media for the year to date, against a 33.3% fall in the whole market.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand
Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER - Integrated Shoreditch Agency - Financial Services - £30-38k Judi Patton £30k-38k, Shoreditch, London
- Head of Inbound (SEO and Content) dmpeople Between £60,000 and £80,000 plus bonus and benefits, London
- Regional Shopper & Market Insights Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, Asia
- International Trade Planning Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 per annum, London