United increases market share
as ad volumes continue to fall
LONDON - United Business Media indicated no signs of recovery in the US advertising market as it reported a 41.5% decrease in ad page volumes for October.
United said the fall at its high-tech CMP Media division was less than the market's 46.3% across-the-board drop and narrower than September's figure, which saw volumes shrink by 43.8%.
However, CMP increased its market share in October to 30.1% from 27.6%. For the year to date, the division's market share has grown to 28.8%, up from 25.2%.
Ad page volumes are down 24% at CMP Media for the year to date, against a 33.3% fall in the whole market.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand
Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Art Director createselect Up to £40K pa, depending on experience, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater)
- DM Account / Senior Manager Â– Not for profit / Charity sector ADLIB £Dependent on experience , South West England / Gloucestershire
- Project and Operations Manager BIS Recruit up to £50,000 plus BUPA Share Options free beer breakfasts and more, City of Westminster, London (Greater)
- Business Forecaster / Modeller BIS Recruit up to £40,000 plus BUPA, Share Options, free beer and more, City of Westminster, London (Greater)
- Information Security Analyst BIS Recruit up to £35,000 Bupa, Share Options, Free Beer and more, City of Westminster, London (Greater)