United increases market share
as ad volumes continue to fall
LONDON - United Business Media indicated no signs of recovery in the US advertising market as it reported a 41.5% decrease in ad page volumes for October.
United said the fall at its high-tech CMP Media division was less than the market's 46.3% across-the-board drop and narrower than September's figure, which saw volumes shrink by 43.8%.
However, CMP increased its market share in October to 30.1% from 27.6%. For the year to date, the division's market share has grown to 28.8%, up from 25.2%.
Ad page volumes are down 24% at CMP Media for the year to date, against a 33.3% fall in the whole market.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand
Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Junior Product Owner / Business Analyst - Mobile Digital Gurus £35000 - £40000 per annum + benefits, package etc, London