United increases market share
as ad volumes continue to fall
LONDON - United Business Media indicated no signs of recovery in the US advertising market as it reported a 41.5% decrease in ad page volumes for October.
United said the fall at its high-tech CMP Media division was less than the market's 46.3% across-the-board drop and narrower than September's figure, which saw volumes shrink by 43.8%.
However, CMP increased its market share in October to 30.1% from 27.6%. For the year to date, the division's market share has grown to 28.8%, up from 25.2%.
Ad page volumes are down 24% at CMP Media for the year to date, against a 33.3% fall in the whole market.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand
Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire