Johnston Press buys travel publisher
LONDON - Regional newspaper group Johnston Press has acquired travel publishing company Days Out, which it plans to integrate with its newspaper and online business.
The five-year-old Days Out business comprises a travel database and guidebook publishing company. The company claims to have built the UK's number one database of UK visitor attractions and special events.
Johnston did not reveal how much it paid for the company, which last year had a turnover of £250,000.
Johnston publishes around 140 newspapers in the UK including the Leamington Spa Review, the Luton & Dunstable Herald & Post, the Doncaster Advertiser and the Doncaster Free Press.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Vice President Marketing Communications Direct Recruitment £75,000 - £79,000, London
- Account Director - Integrated - [Digital / Promotions] - Dynamic agency! to £49k Fill Recruitment Ltd £45k - £49k + superb bonus & benefits, Central London
- Senior Strategic Marketing Consultant Rare Selection Up to £90K + benefits, Central London
- Account Manager Pitch Consultants £21000 - £27000 per annum, Birmingham
- Brand Consultant - Practice Leaders Rare Selection Up to £70K + benefits, Central London
- Digital Project Manager Guru Careers £35 - 45k (DOE), Based in London (WC1)