i-level in US and European 3G
ad first with mmO2
LONDON - i-level, the online media planning and buying specialist, has signed an agreement with mmO2 subsidiary Manx Telecom that will see its clients become charter advertisers on 3G products.
Manx Telecom has already announced its initial launch plans and i-level has negotiated advertising spots for several clients on the new service.
The two will be experimenting with various ad formats and placements, and looking at consumer reaction to each. The first advertiser to go forward will be the Co-operative online bank Smile. Initially, the advertising will be basic branding on the 3G portal, but further placement will follow.
Martin Tufft, head of application services for Manx Telecom, said: "Following extensive testing, Manx Telecom has sought solutions which have enabled it to offer customers a wide range of applications and services for trial. Working with i-level will enable us to start to assess the practical realities and implications of advertising on 3G."
Commenting on the groundbreaking project, i-level CEO and co-founder, Charlie Dobres, said: "The advertising opportunities we have been able to secure represent the real early stages of this nascent medium. This exercise will give our clients and the industry an insight into what is to come, because 3G is coming. Despite some concern over timescales, the fact is that the public already has a love of mobile phones and the services that 3G will ultimately offer will make their phones even more indispensable in their lives."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Digital Senior Sales Manager - Leading Ad Tech Business Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + 100% COMMISSION , London