Burson-Marsteller names five
new managing directors
LONDON - Burson-Marsteller, the world's fourth-largest PR network, has named five new managing directors, compounding its reputation for a top-heavy management structure.
The move comes in a year when Burson-Marsteller has laid off around 70 staff in the UK and US. The agency has long been criticised for its top-heavy management, which will often see numerous staff in the same office with the "managing director" title. Last November, it cut its global headcount by 5%.
In New York, JeanAnn Morgan has been named managing director and client managing partner, after joining Burson-Marsteller's healthcare division in 1998. Kay Fynmore, also in New York, becomes managing director, continuing in her role as head of human resources.
Lobbyist Robert Mack has been named a managing director of Burson-Marsteller's Brussels office. He currently heads the BKSH public affairs team, which provides EU government relations counsel, and was previously working for the environment and consumer policy directorate of the EU's Council of Ministers.
In Asia, director of Burson-Marsteller's Hong Kong office Mary Devereux has been named managing director; and Angie Eagan has been named as managing director in Shanghai.
Burson-Marsteller became part of the WPP Group last year when parent company Young & Rubicam was acquired by the Sir Martin Sorrell-led media giant.
Last year's layoffs were partly due to cutting infrastructure positions because of the merger, but also reportedly getting rid of some "expensive salaries". At the time, CEO Chris Komisarjevsky said: "You take these actions and reshape, and you do so from a position of strength."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Client Facing Project Manager Twist Recruitment £24000 - £27000 per annum + great benefits, City of London
- Midweight- senior Digital Project Manager Twist Recruitment £35000 - £55000 per annum + bonus, City of London
- ACCOUNT MANAGER | Integrated Agency | Confectionery | up to £30k (freelance & perm) Judi Patton up to £30k, London
- Digital Performance Director PFJ £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London
- Social Account Director Dot-Gap £45k, Central London
- Digital Account Director - Leading Communications Agency Digital Gurus £43000 - £50000 Per Annum Up to £50K + Bens, London