Burson-Marsteller names five
new managing directors
LONDON - Burson-Marsteller, the world's fourth-largest PR network, has named five new managing directors, compounding its reputation for a top-heavy management structure.
The move comes in a year when Burson-Marsteller has laid off around 70 staff in the UK and US. The agency has long been criticised for its top-heavy management, which will often see numerous staff in the same office with the "managing director" title. Last November, it cut its global headcount by 5%.
In New York, JeanAnn Morgan has been named managing director and client managing partner, after joining Burson-Marsteller's healthcare division in 1998. Kay Fynmore, also in New York, becomes managing director, continuing in her role as head of human resources.
Lobbyist Robert Mack has been named a managing director of Burson-Marsteller's Brussels office. He currently heads the BKSH public affairs team, which provides EU government relations counsel, and was previously working for the environment and consumer policy directorate of the EU's Council of Ministers.
In Asia, director of Burson-Marsteller's Hong Kong office Mary Devereux has been named managing director; and Angie Eagan has been named as managing director in Shanghai.
Burson-Marsteller became part of the WPP Group last year when parent company Young & Rubicam was acquired by the Sir Martin Sorrell-led media giant.
Last year's layoffs were partly due to cutting infrastructure positions because of the merger, but also reportedly getting rid of some "expensive salaries". At the time, CEO Chris Komisarjevsky said: "You take these actions and reshape, and you do so from a position of strength."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- COPYWRITER - GLOBAL COMPANY - NORTHAMPTON, UK - £25-26K Salt £25000 - £26000 per annum, Northamptonshire
- Marketing Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, Warwickshire
- Senior Digital Account Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £43000 per annum + bonus and benefits , London