Senior execs depart as Mediaedge:CIA
UK management is named
LONDON - Mediaedge:CIA, the media-buying firm created by WPP Group's takeover of Tempus, has revealed its senior UK management line-up along with the departure of two senior directors.
Fiona McAnena has been named CEO and James Whitmore appointed as managing director of the UK operation. McAnena, currently CEO of CIA, and Whitmore, managing director of TME, revealed that Mediaedge:CIA's new structure would lead to the departure of both companies' heads of broadcast, Tim Neligan of CIA and TME's Edward Lloyd-Barnes.
"The agency will be led by client and brand needs, delivered through media. Broadcast is a key expertise which will be fully integrated into the client-facing groups, where we have great strength," McAnena said.
McAnena and Whitmore will name their management line-up in the run-up to January 1 2002, when the new company launches.
In the UK, Mediaedge:CIA will have 140 staff and clients including UIP, Wrigley and Colgate-Palmolive. It says its combined billings will put it in the top 10 UK media-buying agencies.
On a worldwide scale, Mediaedge:CIA will become the fourth-largest media-buying network, and it takes the number two spot in Europe.
Yesterday, it was annouced that Charles Courtier, who was global CEO of TME, will take the role of executive chairman and Mainardo de Nardis, formerly global CEO of CIA, will become CEO at the new company.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Business Development Manager Pure360 £20,000 - £25,000 depending on experience. £45k OTE uncapped, Brighton
- Comms Planning Manager PFJ £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London