AOL Time Warner enters
double marketing pact
NEW YORK - AOL Time Warner has signed a marketing agreement with Motorola which will see the media giant license its Warner Bros characters for screensavers, ringtones and wireless games in Europe.
In a separate deal, AOL Time Warner subsidiary America Online has also negotiated an advertising and programming deal with Univision Communications, the US Spanish-language broadcaster.
The deal with Motorola will allow the technology company to market across AOL media, including television, magazines and online media such as Instant Messenger. Terms of the deal were not disclosed, but it was said to be a "multimillion dollar, multi-year alliance".
America Online interactive brands such as AOL and CompuServe are set to benefit from the deal as they join with Motorola to provide users with mobile access to information and entertainment.
The agreement will also see the two companies working together to develop new applications and services. Among these services will be making instant messaging available on mobile phones.
Bob Pittman, currently co-chief operating officer at AOL Time Warner, said the agreement would "enable us to further our AOL Anywhere strategy and assist us as we work towards providing consumers with technology to make the digital household arrive faster".
The America Online deal with Univision aims to boost their respective audiences. It will see AOL users have access to Univision.com features, and Univision users will have access to AOL's email and instant messaging features.
AOL will also become a "prominent advertiser" on Univision's television networks, and Univision.com will be promoted throughout the AOL services.
Last month, AOL signed a wide-ranging marketing deal with Burger King for an undisclosed sum.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire