AOL Time Warner enters
double marketing pact
NEW YORK - AOL Time Warner has signed a marketing agreement with Motorola which will see the media giant license its Warner Bros characters for screensavers, ringtones and wireless games in Europe.
In a separate deal, AOL Time Warner subsidiary America Online has also negotiated an advertising and programming deal with Univision Communications, the US Spanish-language broadcaster.
The deal with Motorola will allow the technology company to market across AOL media, including television, magazines and online media such as Instant Messenger. Terms of the deal were not disclosed, but it was said to be a "multimillion dollar, multi-year alliance".
America Online interactive brands such as AOL and CompuServe are set to benefit from the deal as they join with Motorola to provide users with mobile access to information and entertainment.
The agreement will also see the two companies working together to develop new applications and services. Among these services will be making instant messaging available on mobile phones.
Bob Pittman, currently co-chief operating officer at AOL Time Warner, said the agreement would "enable us to further our AOL Anywhere strategy and assist us as we work towards providing consumers with technology to make the digital household arrive faster".
The America Online deal with Univision aims to boost their respective audiences. It will see AOL users have access to Univision.com features, and Univision users will have access to AOL's email and instant messaging features.
AOL will also become a "prominent advertiser" on Univision's television networks, and Univision.com will be promoted throughout the AOL services.
Last month, AOL signed a wide-ranging marketing deal with Burger King for an undisclosed sum.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Director of Strategy Factory Design Labs Depending on Qualifications, Valais