AMV wins TV licence business
LONDON - Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO and Capita have won the £500m BBC licence-fee marketing and collection business.
The BBC invited bids from the commercial sector in April after it sacked the incumbent Envision -- a consortium comprising WPP Group, Consignia and Bull Information Systems -- after the group failed to meet targets to increase the amount of licence-fee money it collected.
The AMV-owned companies which won the pitch include: Proximity London, which will handle the direct marketing work; Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO for the advertising account; Fishburn Hedges will handle PR; and incumbent media agency PHD retains the media work.
AMV pitched against OgilvyOne and Burson-Marsteller, which are both owned by WPP, and beat Omnicom-owned TBWA\London to the advertising work.
The marketing work is slated to begin in April 2002.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand
Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- CRM Marketing Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, Benefits: + Company Car + Excellent Bonus , Milton Keynes