United on track for full-year targets
LONDON - United Business Media said it is on track to meet full-year expectations, despite a steep decline in advertising at its technology publishing division CMP Media.
The company expects full-year page volumes to fall between 25% and 30%, although it has retained market share of 28.8% against 25.2% last year.
The company has undertaken a restructuring this year aimed at making cost savings of £60m. However, this year the cost of some operations moving office is estimated to have reached £60m.
The company said it expects to pay a dividend of 1p for the second half of the year, which will bring the year's total dividend to 12p and 7p in 2002, and said it was well positioned for an upturn in the media sector.
United shares fell 5.2% to 483.5p in early morning trading in London.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand
Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Client Services Director Dot-Gap £55k, Central London
- Senior Brand Strategist Rare Selection £75K - £100K, Central London