Lego awards Rainey Kelly global creative business
LONDON - Lego has appointed Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R to handle its worldwide creative advertising account, which was reported to be worth as much as £60m when the review began in the summer.
Rainey Kelly won the business after a three-way pitch against McCann-Erickson and Leo Burnett, following a decision taken in the summer to create a united worldwide communications strategy for the toy giant.
Lego parted company with Bartle Bogle Hegarty -- the agency behind its award-winning "box" ad -- in July 1999 and handed its global advertising brief to Ammirati Puris Lintas. It has also been working with McCann-Erickson on a global corporate project.
It is understood that media will continue to be handled on a market-by-market basis. Starcom Motive remains the incumbent for the £24m account in northern European, which includes the UK, Ireland, Scandinavia, Belgium, Luxembourg and the Netherlands.
Rainey Kelly will replace Lowe Partners, New York, which has to date handled much of Lego's creative work, which has then been adapted for other markets.
The review was handled through Lego's headquarters in Billund, Denmark. The appointment marks a period of frenzied communications activity for Lego. The company is also currently undertaking a global PR review to back up its efforts to become the world's leading children's brand by 2005.
Lego currently retains Golin/Harris International and its network of overseas affiliates to handle PR for the firm in northern Europe, reporting to PR head for the territory Danielle Hainauer.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Vice President Marketing Communications Direct Recruitment £75,000 - £79,000, London
- Account Director - Integrated - [Digital / Promotions] - Dynamic agency! to £49k Fill Recruitment Ltd £45k - £49k + superb bonus & benefits, Central London
- Project Manager - Freelance and Perm Contracts The Industry Club London Ltd Various, London
- Brand Consultant / Strategist Royds Raphael £80k-£90k+neg dep. on experience, London
- Senior Account Manager - Account Manager - Branding, Contract & Permanent Royds Raphael £38k-£44k / £170-£190 day rate. Permanent and/or contract role, London
- Head of Lead Generation - Full-Service Agency Silverdrum to £60,000 + benefits, London