Lego awards Rainey Kelly global creative business
LONDON - Lego has appointed Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R to handle its worldwide creative advertising account, which was reported to be worth as much as £60m when the review began in the summer.
Rainey Kelly won the business after a three-way pitch against McCann-Erickson and Leo Burnett, following a decision taken in the summer to create a united worldwide communications strategy for the toy giant.
Lego parted company with Bartle Bogle Hegarty -- the agency behind its award-winning "box" ad -- in July 1999 and handed its global advertising brief to Ammirati Puris Lintas. It has also been working with McCann-Erickson on a global corporate project.
It is understood that media will continue to be handled on a market-by-market basis. Starcom Motive remains the incumbent for the £24m account in northern European, which includes the UK, Ireland, Scandinavia, Belgium, Luxembourg and the Netherlands.
Rainey Kelly will replace Lowe Partners, New York, which has to date handled much of Lego's creative work, which has then been adapted for other markets.
The review was handled through Lego's headquarters in Billund, Denmark. The appointment marks a period of frenzied communications activity for Lego. The company is also currently undertaking a global PR review to back up its efforts to become the world's leading children's brand by 2005.
Lego currently retains Golin/Harris International and its network of overseas affiliates to handle PR for the firm in northern Europe, reporting to PR head for the territory Danielle Hainauer.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Online Editorial Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £30000 - £35000 per annum + benefits, London
- Client Services Director Dot-Gap £55k, Central London