IDM launches video mail campaign for NABS charity ball
LONDON - The Institute of Direct Marketing is launching a video mail campaign to 1,500 marketing executives to attract entries to its 'Stars in Their Eyes'-themed charity ball in aid of Nabs in October.
The video mail features Chris Barraclough, creative director of Proximity London, who talks about the direct marketing industry and his job in the style of the video clip of contenders in the TV show.
Barraclough is the first entrant into the competition and in true 'Stars in Their Eyes' style, he does not reveal who he is going to be, but says that if people want to know, they will have to go to the ball to find out.
He also extends the invitation to other budding stars if they "think they can do a better job" than him. He also challenges his colleagues in the industry to "come and have a go if you think you're hard enough".
The campaign has been produced by Streamcity, one of the event's sponsors, and Orchid PR, the IDM's PR agency.
For more information about the party, contact Lisa Turner, head of marketing at the IDM, on 020 8614 0248. For table bookings, contact Fiona Hitchcock on 020 7970 4772.
The IDM is offering a special offer to people who book before August 9. Tables booked before this date will cost £1,290 rather than £1,515.80 after that date. Individual tickets will cost £149 before August 9, compared with £175.08 after. All prices are excluding VAT. Each table receives a free magnum of champagne on the night.
Professor Derek Holder, managing director of the IDM, said: "It has not been a great year for anyone. For Nabs this downturn has meant that less has gone into its funds while more has been taken out. So the purpose of the party is two-fold: to lift the spirit of the direct marketing industry and to raise funds for its key charity."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Paid Social Manager Lipton Fleming £32000 - £42000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- Events Marketing Manager Stopgap £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Agency Account Manager/Director (Outdoor) Lipton Fleming £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + 25% bonus, London
- Head of Brand Marketing Stopgap £60000 - £70000 per annum + benefits, Surrey
- Senior Mobile Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £47500 - £50000 per annum + +£30k OTE, London