Omnicom in deal with 'Jerry Maguire' agent
NEW YORK - Omnicom Group has teamed up with sports marketing company Assante Sports & Entertainment, in a venture to link sports stars and celebrities with corporate sponsorships.
The tie-up will see Omnicom company The Marketing Arm partner with Assante to form Assante Marketing Solutions. Ray Clark, CEO of The Marketing Arm, said: "Corporate clients want direct access to sports and entertainment content and certainly Assante's roster of nearly 1,000 athletes, entertainers and properties will provide unique access."
Assante's clients include football and basketball stars. It is a division of Assante Corporation, which provides financial advice and wealth management.
Assante agent Leigh Steinberg, who was the inspiration behind the sports agent in the film Jerry Maguire, said: "This is a novel and cutting-edge approach that could revolutionise athletes' second careers."
There has been a trend for talent agencies to hook up with corporate public relations and marketing firms of late. Last year, Creative Artists Agency bought a stake in New York corporate PR firm Shepardson Stern + Kaminsky to link its celebrity clients with lucrative corporate sponsorships. International Creative Management and the William Morris Agency have both pursued corporate link-ups recently.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Account Director AF Selection £35,000 - £38,000 plus car, Birmingham
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Global Insight Director Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + CA + benefits, London
- Lead Digital Media Director - Dubai, UAE (tax free) HR Source Excellent, Dubai, UAE