Omnicom in deal with 'Jerry Maguire' agent
NEW YORK - Omnicom Group has teamed up with sports marketing company Assante Sports & Entertainment, in a venture to link sports stars and celebrities with corporate sponsorships.
The tie-up will see Omnicom company The Marketing Arm partner with Assante to form Assante Marketing Solutions. Ray Clark, CEO of The Marketing Arm, said: "Corporate clients want direct access to sports and entertainment content and certainly Assante's roster of nearly 1,000 athletes, entertainers and properties will provide unique access."
Assante's clients include football and basketball stars. It is a division of Assante Corporation, which provides financial advice and wealth management.
Assante agent Leigh Steinberg, who was the inspiration behind the sports agent in the film Jerry Maguire, said: "This is a novel and cutting-edge approach that could revolutionise athletes' second careers."
There has been a trend for talent agencies to hook up with corporate public relations and marketing firms of late. Last year, Creative Artists Agency bought a stake in New York corporate PR firm Shepardson Stern + Kaminsky to link its celebrity clients with lucrative corporate sponsorships. International Creative Management and the William Morris Agency have both pursued corporate link-ups recently.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Junior Account Director / Account Director - Fabulous Global Agency - Central London - to £47k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £47k, Central London
- business director > TOP LONDON AGENCY > ATL collectivo Up to £90,000 + great benefits, London
- ACCOUNT MANAGER | Integrated Agency | Confectionery | up to £30k Judi Patton up to £30k, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - Creative London Agency - MOBILE/Social Media - £40-47k Judi Patton £40-47k, London
- MIDWEIGHT DESIGNER - award winning global agency! Live Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, City of London
- Senior Insight Manager, Clientside Hasson Associates £50,000 - £55,000, Central London