McCann-Erickson takes global Lycra task
NEW YORK - McCann-Erickson has won the global advertising business for Lycra, unseating Saatchi & Saatchi after a five-way pitch.
The account will be based out of McCann's New York headquarters, and the agency has a brief to develop a global consumer brand communications strategy and create a platform to allow the brand to grow.
DuPont Textiles & Interiors, owner of the Lycra brand, is thought to have seen five agencies for the task, including Saatchi & Saatchi.
Linda Kearns, global brand manager of Lycra, said: "The strategic and creative insights that McCann demonstrated, along with the strength of the McCann global network, convinced us that it is the ideal partner for our aggressive global plans for the Lycra brand."
McCann-Erickson already handles DuPont's corporate advertising, an account it won in 1999 and now runs globally.
Lycra is a stretchy fabric that is used in underwear, hosiery and swimwear, as well as ready-to-wear clothing.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Production Manager Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, Birmingham
- Content Director AF Selection £35,000 + Bonus + Benefits, Birmingham
- Advertising Operations Specialist Propel £24000 - £32000 per annum, City of London
- New Business Manager Gabriele Skelton £35000 per annum, London