McCann-Erickson takes global Lycra task
NEW YORK - McCann-Erickson has won the global advertising business for Lycra, unseating Saatchi & Saatchi after a five-way pitch.
The account will be based out of McCann's New York headquarters, and the agency has a brief to develop a global consumer brand communications strategy and create a platform to allow the brand to grow.
DuPont Textiles & Interiors, owner of the Lycra brand, is thought to have seen five agencies for the task, including Saatchi & Saatchi.
Linda Kearns, global brand manager of Lycra, said: "The strategic and creative insights that McCann demonstrated, along with the strength of the McCann global network, convinced us that it is the ideal partner for our aggressive global plans for the Lycra brand."
McCann-Erickson already handles DuPont's corporate advertising, an account it won in 1999 and now runs globally.
Lycra is a stretchy fabric that is used in underwear, hosiery and swimwear, as well as ready-to-wear clothing.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Media - Client Director Ball & Hoolahan £44,000 per annum, London
- Interim Customer Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London