Irish Times to cut 40% of website staff
LONDON - The Irish Times is seeking to slash 23 jobs from its website ireland.com, as it attempts to stem widening losses.
Ireland.com employs 56 people and unions have already said that it does not accept the job cuts are the best solution. Management of the Irish Times says that it needs to reduce losses in 2002 by £1.8m.
Last month, the paper said it needed to axe 250 of its 700 workforce, or else face closure. It faces losses of £1.6m this year, and is projected to lose £13.3m next year.
Ireland.com has a separate staff from the Irish Times. It says that the job cuts will save £500,000 a year. Staff at the website were told yesterday of the redundancy plan.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Account Director AF Selection £35,000 - £38,000 plus car, Birmingham
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Global Insight Director Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + CA + benefits, London