Hollick joins Diageo board
LONDON - Lord Clive Hollick, chief executive of United Business Media, has been appointed to the board of drinks and consumer goods giant Diageo as a non-executive director.
Hollick, who is also a member of the House of Lords and a Labour supporter, will take up his post with immediate effect.
Diageo was formed in 1997 out of the merger of GrandMet and Guinness. Its brands include Smirnoff, Johnnie Walker, Gordon's, Baileys and Guinness. It also owns fast food giant Burger King.
The company has been embroiled in a long drawn-out battle with UK drinks company Allied Domecq over rum brands Malibu and Captain Morgan.
Since Diageo took over Seagram's drinks portfolio in 2000, a legal battle has ensued because Allied believes it has laid claim to Captain Morgan through a deal with Puerto Rican distillers Destileria Serrelles.
As a compromise, Allied has offered to buy Diageo's Malibu rum brand, to help ease competition authorities concerns about Diageo's hold of the rum market.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand
Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Media - Client Director Ball & Hoolahan £44,000 per annum, London
- Interim Customer Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London