Hollick joins Diageo board
LONDON - Lord Clive Hollick, chief executive of United Business Media, has been appointed to the board of drinks and consumer goods giant Diageo as a non-executive director.
Hollick, who is also a member of the House of Lords and a Labour supporter, will take up his post with immediate effect.
Diageo was formed in 1997 out of the merger of GrandMet and Guinness. Its brands include Smirnoff, Johnnie Walker, Gordon's, Baileys and Guinness. It also owns fast food giant Burger King.
The company has been embroiled in a long drawn-out battle with UK drinks company Allied Domecq over rum brands Malibu and Captain Morgan.
Since Diageo took over Seagram's drinks portfolio in 2000, a legal battle has ensued because Allied believes it has laid claim to Captain Morgan through a deal with Puerto Rican distillers Destileria Serrelles.
As a compromise, Allied has offered to buy Diageo's Malibu rum brand, to help ease competition authorities concerns about Diageo's hold of the rum market.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand
Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Advertising Manager - High End Lifestyle Ultimate Asset £43000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London
- Media Exec - Leading Media Agency - Mobile Sector Ultimate Asset £22000 - £26000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Biddable Paid Social Senior Executive - Top 10 Agency Ultimate Asset £25000 - £30000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account handler ready for an immediate start? Freelance, Contract or Temp to Perm? Barker Graves Up to £250/day, central london
- Are you a Freelance AM, SAM or AD in a UK creative agency? We need you! Day rates £150 - £250 a day! Barker Graves Up to £250/day, Central London
- Freelance Account Manager? We need you now! Exciting accounts and excellent rates up to £170 a day. Barker Graves Up to £170/day, central London