Unilever media review boosts earnings
LONDON - Anglo-Dutch consumer goods giant Unilever has revealed that a review of its worldwide media planning and buying operations has helped boost its overall advertising and promotional activities, as the company heads for double-digit earnings-per-share growth for 2001.
The company, which owns brands such as Cif, Organics shampoo, Findus and Hellmann's, began the shake-up of its media activity in December 2000 when the company aligned the media account of its then recently acquired Best Foods division with the rest of its operations. It appointed Initiative Media to the division's £16m UK task, as well as the company's French account.
Unilever then consolidated its £483m US media planning and broadcast account -- which had previously been held by nine agencies -- into WPP Group-owned MindShare.
In May this year, it appointed Initiative Nota Bene to its £27.6m South African media work and its Thai media planning and buying account into Initiative Media.
Unilever made the announcement as it predicted that fourth-quarter earnings per share would grow 35% on the same period last year, helping the company's 2001 earnings-per-share growth reach low double-digit figures.
Unilever announces its full-year results for the 12 months to December 31 on February 14 2002.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand
Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Online Editorial Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £30000 - £35000 per annum + benefits, London
- Client Services Director Dot-Gap £55k, Central London