Virgin Radio expands Asian operations
LONDON - Virgin Radio is to launch in Thailand in a joint venture with BEC-Tero Entertainment, a subsidiary of Thailand's biggest media group BEC World Public.
Under the terms of the deal, Singapore-based Virgin Radio Asia and BEC-Tero Entertainment will jointly convert the Thai broadcaster's three radio stations into Virgin-branded stations.
The venture, called Virgin BEC-Tero Radio Thailand, will be equally financed and owned by both companies.
"We are the first foreign company ever to have an equity interest in the broadcasting sector in Thailand, nobody has ever done this before," said Andrew Craissati, chairman and CEO of Virgin Asia Management, the holding company for Virgin's Asian media, telecoms and retail investments.
It also holds three quarters of Virgin Radio Asia. The remaining quarter is owned by Chinese venture capital firm ChinaVest.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand
Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Senior Brand Strategist Rare Selection £75K - £100K, Central London
- Brand / Senior Brand Consultant Rare Selection Salaries from £40K - £85K, Central London