Daewoo to kick off 2002 with £3m ad blitz
LONDON - Daewoo launches a £3m television and cinema advertising campaign in the New Year with two new commercials directed by Steve Reeves, the man behind the Kylie Minogue advertisement for Eurostar.
The new ads, which break on January 1, promote Daewoo's Matiz and Tacuma cars.
The company says the campaign, created by long-standing agency Duckworth Finn Grubb Waters, represents a new style of advertising for Daewoo. They are the first to be shot on location.
The Matiz ads focus on its small-car practicality, showing scenes where the car is prevented from parking by characters painting new double-yellow lines everywhere. The strapline is: "A car you can park anywhere? That'll be the Daewoo Matiz."
A second execution for Matiz shows the car approaching a car park with a "full" sign outside. However, when the attendant sees how small it is, he lets the car in.
The ad for the Tacuma model focuses on its entertainment system. The ads will run on national TV for six weeks and a cinema version of the Matiz ad will run until April. Media buying for the campaign was by CIA Media Network.
The last advertising Daewoo undertook in the UK was in March this year. It launched that campaign, which featured a car blowing up, to quell fears that it might close owing to problems at its Korean parent company.
The company has used Duckworth Finn since it launched in the UK in 1995. In 1999, the agency was appointed to Daewoo's pan-European account.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior CRM Planner Direct Recruitment £80,000 - £95,000, Central London
- Planner Direct Recruitment Up to 60k plus benefits, Central London
- Junior Recruitment Consultant, Insight Team Hasson Associates £Competitive , Central London
- UK Digital Lead Hasson Associates £70,000 - £83,000, Central London