More! increases celebrity count in multimillion-pound revamp
LONDON - Emap is to give its long-running fortnightly teenage girls magazine More! the Heat treatment as part of a multimillion-pound revamp, which will see a big jump in celebrity content.
The redesign debuts on August 7 and will be supported by a TV advertising campaign through Quiet Storm, which breaks the following day. The campaign will run across Sky One, Channel 4, Channel 5 and E4 for two months.
More's fresh look includes new editorial content, chief among which is a 20-page celebrity section called Snoop!. If that sounds familiar it's because it is rather akin to Sneak!, Emap's teenage celebrity magazine.
The TV campaign features two young women sitting side by side on a sofa reading the new-look More!. Dramatic background music plays to represent the risque content the magazine carries.
The camera then zooms out to show that one of the young women in the photo is playing the dramatic music on a keyboard on her lap.
Trevor Robinson, managing director and creative director of Quiet Storm, said: "Advertising for More! magazine is akin to cigarette advertising in the sense that regulations prevent you from getting across some of the risque and true brand essence of the magazine. With this new work, I believe we've managed to find an original way of getting the true brand values across without causing offence."
Robinson, the former HHCL & Partners creative, has created some of the industry's more anarchic campaigns such as Pot Noodle and famously Tango's "You''ve been Tangoed" slaphead commercials.
Although hugely popular, the Tango campaign was banned when school children started emulating in the playground the orange bald man who went round slapping people's heads every time they drank some of the drink.
Media planning and buying is through OMD Gemini.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Brand Manager - Innovation Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 plus Car/ Car Allowance, Midlands
- Account Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £32000 per annum, North London
- Planner Dahling Ltd £40,000 - 50,000 + bonus, Central London
- Account Manager Brand Recruitment £20000 - £25000 per annum + car/car allowance and benefits, Birmingham
- Marketing Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, South West London