Pearson drops MarketWatch name
LONDON - Pearson has dropped the MarketWatch name from its finance site FTMarketWatch and plans to relaunch it as FT Investor on Monday.
The stock market news and analysis site was integrated into FT.com when Pearson took full control of the former joint venture site in October last year.
The site was originally launched as a joint venture with CBS-owned MarketWatch.com in 1999, when Pearson took at 34% stake in MarketWatch.com.
The deal gave MarketWatch.com, which operates the cbsmarketwatch.com website in the US, a 50% stake in FTMarketWatch, which Pearson bought back in October.
The buy-back comes as Pearson announced it was to reduce its £150m online expenditure -- 10% of its FT.com staff were axed in April.
The closer integration of FT Investor with the Financial Times will see the site change its web address to ft.com/investor.
Previous subscribers to FTMarketWatch will be able to use the same username and password for FT Investor, and a new "passport" service will be introduced in February to allow subscribers access to all areas of FT.com.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand
Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Online Editorial Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £30000 - £35000 per annum + benefits, London
- Client Services Director Dot-Gap £55k, Central London