CMPI to launch interiors magazine
LONDON - Will Self interviews Terence Conran in the first issue of a new magazine for the interiors and architecture industry called Intra, which is being launched by CMPI, the international business publishing arm of United Business Media.
The monthly business-to-business title, which is aimed at the UK's 20,000 top architects and interior professionals, will be part of CMPI's Interiors and Building division, alongside Building Design, Cabinet Maker and Property Week. The division also runs the Furniture Show.
The magazine will sit between the company's retail-focused interior magazines and its construction and property titles. It is being launched in response to recent research, which found that the UK's commercial interior industry is valued at £3bn annually and growing.
The first issue will be available on January 29 and features an exclusive Mintel survey on current and future business trends of commercial interiors. The magazine also looks at a refit of the Cumberland Hotel.
Intra will be edited by Anthea Bain, who joins from What's New in Interiors. Bain has worked in the interiors industry for nine years, previously as home editor for House & Garden.
News of the launch follows a difficult year for United, which has seen it shed 200 jobs and close Internet Week, from its US division CMP Media, and two of its UK music titles, Fono and MBI.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand
Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Vice President Marketing Communications Direct Recruitment £75,000 - £79,000, London
- Account Director - Integrated - [Digital / Promotions] - Dynamic agency! to £49k Fill Recruitment Ltd £45k - £49k + superb bonus & benefits, Central London
- Research Director (Pharma & Healthcare) Trace £80000 - £110000 Per Annum + potential Equity, London
- Senior Client Strategist PFJ £45000 - £50000 per annum + + 15% bonus, London
- Category Consultant Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London
- Account Manager ATL Soho Creative Agency Twist Recruitment £25000 - £32000 per annum + Fantastic Benefits, West End