Capital Radio names new chairman
LONDON - There were no surprises from Capital Radio today as it confirmed that deputy chairman Peter Cawdron was stepping up to become its new chairman and that revenues were down 9% in the first quarter, in line with expectations.
The news sent its shares down 2.47% to 690p, following the announcement made at its AGM this morning.
The company, which owns and operates London radio stations Capital and Xfm, said there has been "no material change in conditions since its last trading statement in November, when it announced a 27% fall in full-year profits as a result of the slump in advertising".
Capital said it is continuing to manage the cost base of its business on the assumption that the ad market will remain under pressure for the rest of its financial year.
Cawdron steps up to become chairman with immediate effect. He replaces Ian Irvine, who is
retiring after serving almost 20 years on Capital's board of directors. Irvine's departure was announced in November.
Cawdron joined the board of Capital Radio as a non-executive director in December 2000. He has been deputy chairman since October 2001.
Chief executive David Mansfield said: "I have greatly enjoyed working with Ian and I will miss his experience, advice and wise counsel. I am delighted that Peter has succeeded Ian as chairman and I very much look forward to building an equally strong working relationship with him."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand
Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Media Senior Executive - Mobile - Leading Agency Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- SENIOR DIGITAL PLANNER - INTEGRATED AGENCY Live Recruitment £50000 - £70000 per annum, City of London
- Digital Marketing Manager - Ardington Ltd Ball & Hoolahan £Competitive Salary Package, South East
- Brand Activation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £36,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East
- Marketing Manager - Inbound Tourism - Dubai Based MCG Associates Tax Free Competitive Package, Dubai, UAE
- Senior Account Manager - Saudi Arabia - PR MCG Associates Tax Free Package, Riyadh. KSA