Boeing launches global ad campaign since 9/11
NEW YORK - Boeing is launching its first global advertising campaign since the September 11 terrorist attacks, at a time when fear of flying and cancelled airline orders sees the company facing its toughest challenge in years.
The campaign, dubbed "Horizons", celebrates human imagination and technological achievement, and has been created by Foote, Cone & Belding Chicago, which was reappointed to the £50m Boeing account last November.
"Horizons" will continue Boeing's "forever new frontiers" theme, and is set to roll out in the US, Europe and Asia in February. In the US, 60- and 30-second spots will appear on CNN, MSNBC, CNBC, Bloomberg and Fox News.
Some question the wisdom of advertising a brand such as Boeing, which has no real need to speak directly to consumers. However, Boeing has said it has a "long-range advertising strategy" to inform the public about what it does.
"We are closing the gap between the public's perception of Boeing and the true breadth of our business as a global aerospace company," Anne Toulouse, vice-president of brand management and advertising, said.
As well as making commercial aeroplanes, Boeing makes satellites and military aircraft. Its sales were £41bn in 2001.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Presentation Designer Major Players negotiable, City of London