Ogilvy muscles in on JWT's Miller business
NEW YORK - Ogilvy & Mather has muscled in on sister WPP Group agency J Walter Thompson's Miller Genuine Draft beer account in the US, after both agencies were named to the account.
Ogilvy already handles Miller Lite, while JWT was the incumbent on the MGD account. JWT Chicago remains as the lead agency for the brand, despite reports that Miller executives have not been happy with the agency's work since it won the account in 1999.
Both agencies pitched for the work and reports say that Miller Brewing, the second largest brewer in the US, decided to split the account between the two agencies because it liked both ideas.
While JWT remains the agency of record, Ogilvy, however, has been appointed to bring in "other ideas", according to a Miller spokesman.
JWT has already created the "Pure MGD" advertising for Miller this year and that theme will be continued with new executions.
Earlier this year, Milwaukee-based Miller Brewing was bought by South African Breweries, to create a new entity in the brewing world, SABMiller. It is listed in London and owns 111 breweries in 24 countries, making it the second largest brewer in the world.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London
- PPC Senior Executive - Big Brand - PPC Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Graphic Designer:(Fashion,Retail,Conceptual,Print, Digital) Creative Recruitment £23000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Paid Media Account Manager - Paid Search PPC - Agency Leader Ultimate Asset £28000 - £38000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- PR Senior Account Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £26000 - £33000 per annum, Manchester
- Biddable Paid Social Manager - Paid Media - FMCG Client Ultimate Asset £30000 - £40000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London