Ogilvy muscles in on JWT's Miller business
NEW YORK - Ogilvy & Mather has muscled in on sister WPP Group agency J Walter Thompson's Miller Genuine Draft beer account in the US, after both agencies were named to the account.
Ogilvy already handles Miller Lite, while JWT was the incumbent on the MGD account. JWT Chicago remains as the lead agency for the brand, despite reports that Miller executives have not been happy with the agency's work since it won the account in 1999.
Both agencies pitched for the work and reports say that Miller Brewing, the second largest brewer in the US, decided to split the account between the two agencies because it liked both ideas.
While JWT remains the agency of record, Ogilvy, however, has been appointed to bring in "other ideas", according to a Miller spokesman.
JWT has already created the "Pure MGD" advertising for Miller this year and that theme will be continued with new executions.
Earlier this year, Milwaukee-based Miller Brewing was bought by South African Breweries, to create a new entity in the brewing world, SABMiller. It is listed in London and owns 111 breweries in 24 countries, making it the second largest brewer in the world.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Client Account Manager Content is King c. £25k per annum dependent on experience, SW1