BBC unveils new Eve ahead of relaunch
LONDON - BBC Worldwide has unveiled details of the new-look Eve, its monthly magazine for women over 30, which is due to hit newsstands on September 3.
The magazine has been redesigned with a new Eve logo, which runs with the strapline: "beautiful, useful, real".
The relaunch issue, dated October, will feature a cover-mounted pashmina-style scarf and a 28-page fashion supplement called Looks that Last, sponsored by cosmetics brand L'Oreal.
The relaunch issue will feature advertising from established Eve advertisers such as Marks & Spencer, Ford and Chanel, and new advertisers including Tesco, Rolex, Alberto VO5, Coca-Cola and Anchor.
The inside of the magazine has also been revamped, with a new clean design and a number of new sections, which aim to reflect the diverse interests of the over-30s market.
The contents of each editorial page is said to be true to the title's new strapline. Its new fashion and beauty sections, for instance, will show key trends along with a practical guide on how to wear them.
The homes, food and travel sections have also been reformatted, while another section, The Organiser, provides a survival guide for the modern woman.
The debut issue sees the launch of the Eve Health Handbook, a supplement which aims to position Eve as the definitive voice on women's health issues.
The new look is being supported by a direct marketing campaign, sampling and advertising across BBC titles.
The relaunch of Eve follows the appointment of Jane Bruton in spring as editor. She arrived following the departure of launch editor Gill Hudson, who ultimately became editor of Eve sister title Radio Times.
Bruton will be under pressure to revive the magazine's dwindling circulation, which fell 1.7% in the latest set of ABCs to 119,102. This was an improvement on the 7.8% it fell in the previous period, when it dived to 121,157, down from its debut ABC of 131,369 in June 2001.
Bruton joined from IPC where she was editor of home interest magazine Living Etc.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Marketing Partnerships Director PFJ £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London
- Assistant Category Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £27000 - £30000 per annum + + Bonus + Benefits, London