Orange's 'Palm of Hand' most memorable poster of 2001
LONDON - The Orange poster advertisement "Palm of Hand" was the "best remembered" poster of 2001, according to research by Maiden Outdoor.
Created by Lowe Lintas, planned by Media Planning and bought by poster specialist Posterscope, the ad gained a top-level score of 70%, with around 90% of the respondents, aged between 18 and 60, correctly attributing the brand to the posters.
Orange was closely followed by another long-term user of the medium, Channel 5 -- its Home and Away campaign scored 65% for recall, according to the "most recognised campaigns in outdoor" yearly research by IPSOS ASI Signpost and Maiden Outdoor.
In politics, the Conservatives got one over on the Labour party in the general election campaign battle last May, coming in fourth on the table with Labour trailing in fifth place.
It was also the first year for retailers to appear in the top 10, with big TV users Tesco in sixth position and Sainsbury's ranking 10th.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Online Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £25000 - £35000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Agency Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £23000 - £27000 per annum + Amazing benefits, London
- Agency Account Manager Ultimate Asset £27000 - £30000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Account Managers and Executives Needed Ultimate Asset £23000 - £25000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, London
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London
- PPC Senior Executive - Big Brand - PPC Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London