Golin/Harris takes on newest Vegas showgirl spectacle
LAS VEGAS - PR agency Golin/Harris International has been given the task of making sure the media say the right things when the Canadian diva Celine Dion transforms herself into a Vegas showgirl for three-year run starting in March 2003.
Dion has been booked to appear in a new show, not yet named, at Caesar's Palace Colosseum, a new venue that is being custom built, with Dion's personal desires guiding the design. The show will feature 70 performers and is described as a spectacle that "will mesmerise audiences with a fusion of song, performance, art, theatrical innovation and state-of-the-art technology".
Now the production company behind the show, Concerts West, has appointed Golin/Harris to handle national and international media relations for the show's premiere, and to help develop the brand as well as a marketing programme that will continue throughout the show's three-year run.
As well as dealing with the media and critics who will be reviewing the show, the agency, part of the Interpublic Group of Companies, will be tasked with convincing the public to fork out up to $200 (£130) a seat for the pleasure of seeing Dion.
Dion is the world's best-selling female recording artist, most famous for recording the song 'My Heart Will Go On', the theme from the 'Titanic' movie. Over the last 10 years she has sold some 140m records.
John Meglen, co-CEO of Concerts West, said: "The Golin/Harris team not only brings its national and international media expertise and experience to us, but the sincere dedication and passion that we all share in bringing this one of a kind spectacle to stage."
The account will be run from Golin/Harris' Los Angeles' office.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Account Director AF Selection £35,000 - £38,000 plus car, Birmingham
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Global Insight Director Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + CA + benefits, London
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER - Events & Experiential Live Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits, West Midlands