Senior line-up changes at WPP marketing agency
LONDON - Added Value, the WPP Group strategic marketing agency, has named Paul McGowan as chairman and David Nichols as managing partner, following the departure of founder Mark Sherrington.
Sherrington left the company he founded in 1988 in July, to take up the position of marketing director at the recently merged SABMiller.
McGowan previously held the position of global insight director. He has worked on clients such as General Motors, Vodafone and Guinness UDV. Nichols has spent a year in Sydney as managing director, charged with building the Added Value business in Australia, and was most recently group head of impact.
He will work alongside existing UK managing partner Janine Hawkins.
Andrew Seth, non-executive chairman of Added Value, said: "With his in-depth knowledge of Added Value -- the company and culture and clients -- together with his undisputed leadership qualities and expertise, Paul is the natural choice for the role."
Added Value was acquired by WPP Group when it bought Tempus last year, after a long, drawn-out battle. Since then, several senior Tempus staff have left the company, most notably chairman Chris Ingram, who in June departed the company he founded.
Added Value has 250 staff located in seven international offices, with clients including Unilever, Shell, Levi's and Coca-Cola.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- European Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South East
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Senior Marketing & New Business Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Visual Merchandising Manager (Retail, Fashion, Creative, VM) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum + Negotiable, Hertfordshire