JWT faces prospect of losing US Foster's account
NEW YORK - The US creative work for Foster's beer is to be reviewed, with incumbent agency J Walter Thompson, Chicago, part of WPP Group, facing the prospect of losing a second slice of beer work in the space of a year.
Miller Brewing, which markets Foster's in the US, has already shifted part of the creative work for Miller Genuine Draft from JWT to sister WPP shop Ogilvy & Mather in the summer. Ogilvy is also the incumbent for Miller Lite, another of Miller's brands.
Now the brewer is reportedly talking to several agencies -- both on- and off-roster -- about the $15m (£9.5m) creative work for Foster's, the Australian beer brand.
The current US advertising for Foster's takes a humorous approach, centred on the strapline "How to speak Australian". JWT has been invited to repitch for the work, according to reports, but there is no timetable for the review.
In July this year, Miller Brewing was taken over by South African Breweries, with SAB changing its name to SABMiller. SAB acquired Miller from Philip Morris.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Recruitment Consultant Michael Page Digital £25000 - £3000 per annum, Kingston upon Thames
- Senior Community Manager Michael Page Digital £25000 - £45000 per annum, West End
- Online Marketing Manager Michael Page Digital £35000 - £38000 per annum, London
- Client Director Michael Page Digital £50000 - £55000 per annum, Leeds
- Senior Marketing Executive Network Marketing £25000 - £30000 per annum, Manchester
- Account Director - FMCG to £50k Network Career Consultants £45000 - £50000 per annum, London