JWT faces prospect of losing US Foster's account
NEW YORK - The US creative work for Foster's beer is to be reviewed, with incumbent agency J Walter Thompson, Chicago, part of WPP Group, facing the prospect of losing a second slice of beer work in the space of a year.
Miller Brewing, which markets Foster's in the US, has already shifted part of the creative work for Miller Genuine Draft from JWT to sister WPP shop Ogilvy & Mather in the summer. Ogilvy is also the incumbent for Miller Lite, another of Miller's brands.
Now the brewer is reportedly talking to several agencies -- both on- and off-roster -- about the $15m (£9.5m) creative work for Foster's, the Australian beer brand.
The current US advertising for Foster's takes a humorous approach, centred on the strapline "How to speak Australian". JWT has been invited to repitch for the work, according to reports, but there is no timetable for the review.
In July this year, Miller Brewing was taken over by South African Breweries, with SAB changing its name to SABMiller. SAB acquired Miller from Philip Morris.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Senior Brand Strategist Rare Selection £75K - £100K, Central London
- Brand / Senior Brand Consultant Rare Selection Salaries from £40K - £85K, Central London