Polansky to head US operations of Weber Shandwick
NEW YORK - Andy Polansky has been named as the president of the North American operations of Weber Shandwick Worldwide, the world's largest PR agency network.
He is promoted from his role of president and chief operating officer of the eastern region of Weber Shandwick, part of the Interpublic Group of Companies.
Polansky will now oversee Weber Shandwick's offices in the US and Canada.
There has been some turmoil in the upper ranks of Weber Shandwick after it merged with rival PR agency BSMG when Interpublic bought the True North marketing services group.
In February this year, Barbara Molotsky, president and chief operating officer of Weber Shandwick's central region in the US, resigned only four months after being named to the role.
Polansky has since been overseeing her patch, which includes offices in Chicago and Dallas.
Harris Diamond, CEO of Weber Shandwick, said: "This expanded role reflects Andy's many accomplishments during the 19 years he has been with our company."
The agency has also promoted Gail Heiman to be president of Weber Shandwick's New York office. She will continue in her role of co-president of the consumer marketing practice.
Weber Shandwick has more than 3,000 employees and is ranked as the largest PR agency in the world.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Display Manager - Telecoms PFJ £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum, London
- Account Director - Arts Clients PFJ £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London
- AV Account Director (contract) PFJ £35000.00 - £43000.00 per annum, London
- Consumer Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £32000 - £35000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, London
- Digital Account Manager Dot-Gap £40k, Central London
- Head of Performance Dot-Gap £70k, Central London