IPC Connect appoints head of consumer PR
LONDON - IPC Media is continuing its communications shake-up with the appointment a head of consumer PR for its IPC Connect division, which is behind the women's titles Now and Woman's Own.
Dean Smith joins IPC from PR agency PR21, where he worked on accounts including Cadbury, Allied Domecq and The London Institute. Before that he worked at Jackie Cooper PR on Lee Jeans, Coca-Cola, Bailey's, Mars Bar and Foster's.
The appointment is part of the publisher's strategy to move its consumer PR operations out of corporate communications and into its marketing division.
Philippa Brown, group marketing director, said: "Dean is our second appointment following the move of consumer PR into marketing. We are building a formidable PR team across all of our brands at IPC Media, and results of this will be clear to see as we gear up our PR activity over the next 12 months."
The overhaul of IPC's consumer PR team began in August when IPC Ignite, publisher of Loaded, appointed Nicola Woods as consumer PR manager.
Smith takes up his new post on Monday October 14.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Middleweight Artworker become £32K, London
- International Assistant Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £28,000 per annum, South East
- PR and Social Media Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Media - Client Director Ball & Hoolahan £44,000 per annum, London
- International Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 per annum, South East region
- Digital Project Manager - Hugely Respected Digital Agency ADLIB £30000 - £45000 per annum, Oxford