IPC Connect appoints head of consumer PR
LONDON - IPC Media is continuing its communications shake-up with the appointment a head of consumer PR for its IPC Connect division, which is behind the women's titles Now and Woman's Own.
Dean Smith joins IPC from PR agency PR21, where he worked on accounts including Cadbury, Allied Domecq and The London Institute. Before that he worked at Jackie Cooper PR on Lee Jeans, Coca-Cola, Bailey's, Mars Bar and Foster's.
The appointment is part of the publisher's strategy to move its consumer PR operations out of corporate communications and into its marketing division.
Philippa Brown, group marketing director, said: "Dean is our second appointment following the move of consumer PR into marketing. We are building a formidable PR team across all of our brands at IPC Media, and results of this will be clear to see as we gear up our PR activity over the next 12 months."
The overhaul of IPC's consumer PR team began in August when IPC Ignite, publisher of Loaded, appointed Nicola Woods as consumer PR manager.
Smith takes up his new post on Monday October 14.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Marketing Partnerships Director PFJ £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London
- Assistant Category Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £27000 - £30000 per annum + + Bonus + Benefits, London