James Brown takes Jack monthly
LONDON - The men's magazine Jack, founded by former Loaded editor James Brown, goes monthly next week and is backing the move with a special sample issue with a print run of 200,000.
The magazine, published by Brown's company I Feel Good, goes monthly after launching as a quarterly in April. Its second issue was out in August.
IFG said combined sales of the first two issues exceeded 100,000, and that advertising space sold out in all first three issues.
The 52-page special sample issue of Jack will be given away free with the October 12 issue of the Independent. Featuring the 'best' of the first two issues of Jack, the sampler will be distributed in the south of England.
According to Jack publisher Ian Thorley, IFG chose the Independent because it has "the best demographic profile for 25-34 year old males".
The first two issues relied on point of sale at newsagents, and editor in chief James Brown helped raise the profile of the magazine by writing columns about the men's market in a number of national newspapers.
According to Brown: "We were always confident that Jack would sell well both to consumers and advertisers. Our continued goal will be to produce a magazine with a unique mix of content that we believe men want to read about. The world in your pocket."
The magazine has yet to be audited by the Audit Bureau of Circulation, and there is as yet no clear indication of when this will happen. However, it is expected that now the magazine is being published monthly, an ABC figure will follow shortly.
The November edition has a print run of 110,000 and includes advertising from brands such as Prada, Tommy Hilfiger and Burberry, which also advertised in the first two issues. Brands advertising in Jack for the first time include Alfred Dunhill, Mont Blanc watches, Christian Dior and Yves Saint Laurent.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Online Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £25000 - £35000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Agency Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £23000 - £27000 per annum + Amazing benefits, London
- Agency Account Manager Ultimate Asset £27000 - £30000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Account Managers and Executives Needed Ultimate Asset £23000 - £25000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, London
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London
- PPC Senior Executive - Big Brand - PPC Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London