Rennie targets thirtysomethings in £4m TV campaign
LONDON – Asking the question whether you've got a life, indigestion remedy Rennie launches a £4m television advertising campaign this week with a humorous campaign targeting a thirtysomething audience.
The TV campaign represents Rennie's most significant investment in the brand since launch and is part of a wider £5m marketing push that aims to re-position Rennie to a younger audience.
Using the umbrella theme "Got a Life? Got indigestion? Get Rennie" the campaign, created by Bates, uses retro characters and a humorous storyline in an attempt to break away from the more traditional indigestion advertising, which typically targets an older audience.
The campaign is supporting a revamp of the brand, which sees Rennie introduce new red packaging for global use for its original Rennie Spearmint and Peppermint. It is also launching new Rennie Soft Chews.
Other elements include Christmas TV support, Z-card leaflet sampling in major cities, press advertising, radio promotions, branded sandwich bags through independent London shops and a major PR push. Media planning and buying is through MediaCom.
The marketing is being supported online through a gotta-life.com where visitors can test their party hosting skills. The Flash website, which was designed by Fi System New Media, is a key element of the campaign to target the 30-something audience Rennie is after.
To maximise visits to gotta-life.com, players are invited to "challenge" their friends to beat them. The game graphics feature a photo montage taken directly from Rennie's TV ad.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Client Account Manager Content is King c. £25k per annum dependent on experience, SW1