Rennie targets thirtysomethings in £4m TV campaign
LONDON – Asking the question whether you've got a life, indigestion remedy Rennie launches a £4m television advertising campaign this week with a humorous campaign targeting a thirtysomething audience.
The TV campaign represents Rennie's most significant investment in the brand since launch and is part of a wider £5m marketing push that aims to re-position Rennie to a younger audience.
Using the umbrella theme "Got a Life? Got indigestion? Get Rennie" the campaign, created by Bates, uses retro characters and a humorous storyline in an attempt to break away from the more traditional indigestion advertising, which typically targets an older audience.
The campaign is supporting a revamp of the brand, which sees Rennie introduce new red packaging for global use for its original Rennie Spearmint and Peppermint. It is also launching new Rennie Soft Chews.
Other elements include Christmas TV support, Z-card leaflet sampling in major cities, press advertising, radio promotions, branded sandwich bags through independent London shops and a major PR push. Media planning and buying is through MediaCom.
The marketing is being supported online through a gotta-life.com where visitors can test their party hosting skills. The Flash website, which was designed by Fi System New Media, is a key element of the campaign to target the 30-something audience Rennie is after.
To maximise visits to gotta-life.com, players are invited to "challenge" their friends to beat them. The game graphics feature a photo montage taken directly from Rennie's TV ad.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Creative Artworker - Reigate ASG £25,000 - £28,000, Reigate
- Senior PR Account Executive / Junior Account Manager AF Selection £20,000 - £23,000, Lincolnshire
- Art Director/Head of Art Dynamic New Alliances £45000.00 - £50000.00 per annum, City of London