WSJ rolls global campaign into Europe and Asia
LONDON - The Wall Street Journal is launching the second phase of its multimillion-dollar worldwide advertising campaign, specifically targeting the European and Asian markets.
The drive, through Baltimore-based agency Trahan, Burden and Charles, kicks off with a TV campaign, which shows a businessman running to catch a train with the tagline 'When it comes to global business news, don't be left behind'.
The ads will air on CNBC Europe, CNBC Asia Pacific, CNN and Bloomberg TV this week. They will be supported by print ads in business titles across Europe and Asia in the coming weeks.
This will be followed by billboard ads at London Heathrow, Hong Kong, Narita Tokyo and John F Kennedy airports, as well as in pan-European stores.
"This second phase of our global campaign reinforces the key message that The Wall Street Journal is the leader in global business news, and that you'll be left behind if you don't read it," said Ann Marks, chief corporate marketing officer, Dow Jones & Company, publisher of the Wall Street Journal.
"It also captures the unique, core value of the Journal franchise, which is our unrivalled reporting of global business news from a regional perspective."
The first stage of the campaign, which broke in April to coincide with a design of all three editions of the paper, promoted the journal as the 'Leader in Global Business News'.
Wall Street Journal is published by Dow Jones & Company in the US, Europe and Asia. Its website WSJ.com, launched in 1996, has become the largest subscription-only site with 664,000 subscribers.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- PR Account Director Brand Recruitment £30000 per annum + plus bonuses + benefits, Norwich
- Senior Account Manager [Integrated] - Superb Agency - £37k+ Fill Recruitment Ltd £37k+, Central London