FHM begins charging for online content
LONDON - Emap is to begin charging for content on FHM.com, becoming one of the first publishers to charge for content on a consumer site in the UK, as part of a drive to increase revenues.
The move will see the High Street Honeys Uncut area of the site, which features the best photos of the 100 finalists in the competition to find the UK's "hottest non-celebrity babes", given its own paid-for area on FHM.com.
The site will be updated on a regular basis and will show the original photos supplied by the girls when they entered the contest. It will eventually contain almost 1,000 of the UK's finest undiscovered high-street babes, according to Emap. The site goes live this month.
Readers will be charged £1 for one month's access to the database. They can pay through SMS technology, using reverse billing which deducts the £1 fee from their mobile bill. Otherwise, readers can pay using credit or debit cards.
Emap has installed a security system to ensure that if any password is distributed through message boards or word of mouth, the account will be frozen.
James Carter, FHM publishing director, said: "FHM prides itself on being in tune with what its readers want from the magazine, month in month out. Our extremely successful website provides us with yet another vehicle through which to give readers that bit extra. We are delighted with the success of the High Street Honeys competition and are looking forward to launching High Street Honeys Uncut, which is a proposition I'm sure our readers will be happy to pay for."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Account Manager/ Comms Planner Dot-Gap £35k, Central London
- PPC Executive - Leading Digital Marketing Agency Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London