Royal Mail to use 3D posters in 'Lord of the Rings' drive
LONDON - The Royal Mail is going 3D for a Christmas poster campaign using the release of the second 'Lord of the Rings' movie to drive customers into Post Offices in the holiday period.
Using 400 dynamic image lenticular six-sheet posters produced for the Royal Mail promotion by Hive Associates in association with Bates UK, the drive encourages consumers to "Search for the One Ring and win a million... before it disappears". Media buying for the campaign is through Carat.
The posters are part of a national campaign to build rapid awareness of the Royal Mail promotion.
On display at key sites from the first week of November, the dynamic image six-sheets will show one of two creative executions. The first shows the "one ring" with 3D depth set over animated flames, created from 21 frames of original footage from the movie 'The Two Towers'. The second has the same 3D depth, but this time combined with flip and zoom techniques that reveal the value proposition as you interact with the poster.
To measure the effects the dynamic sites are producing, Royal Mail, Posterscope and Hive Associates are all co-funding a research project to justify Royal Mail's investment in the technology and to build a case study for other interested advertisers.
Marc Edmunds, managing director at Hive Associates, said: "Existing research into dynamic images as magazine inserts shows they can grab the consumer's attention up to four times as long as print. We anticipate this research will show the same to be true of six-sheets in the outdoor market."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Advertising Manager - High End Lifestyle Ultimate Asset £43000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London
- Media Exec - Leading Media Agency - Mobile Sector Ultimate Asset £22000 - £26000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Biddable Paid Social Senior Executive - Top 10 Agency Ultimate Asset £25000 - £30000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account handler ready for an immediate start? Freelance, Contract or Temp to Perm? Barker Graves Up to £250/day, central london
- Are you a Freelance AM, SAM or AD in a UK creative agency? We need you! Day rates £150 - £250 a day! Barker Graves Up to £250/day, Central London
- Freelance Account Manager? We need you now! Exciting accounts and excellent rates up to £170 a day. Barker Graves Up to £170/day, central London