Ford in exclusive ad tie-up for new US season of '24'
NEW YORK - Ford Motors is to be the sole advertiser when the new season of Fox's hit drama '24' hits US television screens on Tuesday, with the premiere episode to run without any breaks, but bookended with ads for Ford.
As well as the two, three-minute spots, created by WPP Group agency J Walter Thompson Detroit, Ford cars will be featured in the show, with the star Kiefer Sutherland driving one of its Ford Expedition SUV models.
He will also record a 10-second message to screen before the show, thanking the carmaker. The ads have a new strapline: "Every moment, every mile" and show people using Ford cars in their everyday lives. The ads also imitate the ticking clock that is associated with '24'.
According to reports, Ford made the decision to become the sponsor of '24' because it wanted to appear more cutting edge. In coming episodes, Sutherland will drive other Ford models, including Mustangs and Thunderbirds.
The show's first series became a huge hit on both sides of the Atlantic, leading to fevered speculation about how the show, which was shot in real time and covered a very eventful day in the life of CIA agent Jack Bauer (Sutherland) and his kidnap-prone family, could be followed up.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire