Ford in exclusive ad tie-up for new US season of '24'
NEW YORK - Ford Motors is to be the sole advertiser when the new season of Fox's hit drama '24' hits US television screens on Tuesday, with the premiere episode to run without any breaks, but bookended with ads for Ford.
As well as the two, three-minute spots, created by WPP Group agency J Walter Thompson Detroit, Ford cars will be featured in the show, with the star Kiefer Sutherland driving one of its Ford Expedition SUV models.
He will also record a 10-second message to screen before the show, thanking the carmaker. The ads have a new strapline: "Every moment, every mile" and show people using Ford cars in their everyday lives. The ads also imitate the ticking clock that is associated with '24'.
According to reports, Ford made the decision to become the sponsor of '24' because it wanted to appear more cutting edge. In coming episodes, Sutherland will drive other Ford models, including Mustangs and Thunderbirds.
The show's first series became a huge hit on both sides of the Atlantic, leading to fevered speculation about how the show, which was shot in real time and covered a very eventful day in the life of CIA agent Jack Bauer (Sutherland) and his kidnap-prone family, could be followed up.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Account Manager - Communication/ Branding to £35k Network Career Consultants £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Global Insight Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 plus Car/ Car Allowance, London