Consignia travels far to save money on ads
LONDON - Loss-making postal service Consignia is trying a novel way of saving money by filming the latest advertisement for its Special Delivery service in South Africa.
The postal service, which is in the process of changing its name back to Royal Mail, claims that it saved £100,000 filming the ad in South Africa because filming in the UK is so expensive. A spokesman for Consignia added that real UK postmen were flown over to South Africa to shoot the ad.
"A lot of ads are made in either eastern Europe or South Africa," a spokesman told The Daily Telegraph. "It is important to us to save money. We would not have done this otherwise."
In June, the company said it had posted a lost of £1.1bn for the year. It has brought in former Asda boss Allan Leighton as chairman as it seeks to turn its fortunes around -- especially with competition in the UK postal market opening up.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Account Director - FMCG & Retail to £55k Network Career Consultants £48000 - £55000 per annum, City of London
- Account Director - B2B & B2C to £65k Network Career Consultants £55000 - £65000 per annum, City of London