Barclaycard urges shoppers not to go mad
LONDON - Shoppers will be warned not to go on mad shopping sprees because their interest rates have been reduced, in the latest advertising from Barclaycard.
Three 20-second ads, created by BMP DDB, launch in November and are the first in Barclaycard's Value campaign. They show people making or attempting to make outrageous purchases with their Barclaycards, because the interest rates are so low.
One ad, "painting", shows a couple studying a painting in an art gallery. The voiceover says: "Barclaycard's long-term APR is only 11.9%", and then it cuts to the painting, the Mona Lisa, which the couple decide not to buy because "it's a bit too big".
The second ad, "auction", shows bidding under way for a piece of antique furniture. With the same voiceover as "painting", the shot cuts to one man in the crowd, who is the only one bidding, raising his price each time to outbid himself.
"Taxi", the third ad, announces the Barclaycard price promise with the voiceover saying: "If you buy something on your Barclaycard and find it cheaper elsewhere, we'll refund you the difference". It shows a man hailing a taxi, and then another and another, as the shot zooms out to show him surrounded by hundreds of shopping bags.
The voiceover for all three executions ends "Don't go too mad with it" and the endline is "It just gets better".
The ads were written by Amber Casey and Dan Hubert and produced by Caroline Hicks for JFA.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account handler ready for an immediate start? Freelance, Contract or Temp to Perm? Barker Graves Up to £250/day, central london
- Are you a Freelance AM, SAM or AD in a UK creative agency? We need you! Day rates £150 - £250 a day! Barker Graves Up to £250/day, Central London
- Freelance Account Manager? We need you now! Exciting accounts and excellent rates up to £170 a day. Barker Graves Up to £170/day, central London
- FABULOUS FREELANCERS? Look no further! Barker Graves Up to £250/day, central london
- Creative Artworker become £28K, Central London
- Online Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £25000 - £35000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London