Age Concern fights ageism with business magazine
LONDON - Age Concern has joined forces with a number of high-profile names in marketing to produce a magazine promoting the value of people aged over 50 as employees.
The publication, called Agenda, is part of a drive to increase employment among this age group by drawing attention to their financial benefits as employees and as a consumer group.
Saatchi & Saatchi planning director Craig Mawdsley said: "The baby boomers, that self-indulgent generation born in the 50s and 60s and influenced by the pleasure-seeking 70s and 80s, will grow older. And when they do, they're not going to stop having fun. Investing time in older consumers can pay back much more handsomely."
The 28-page magazine includes articles from brands such as Barclays, Tesco, Marks & Spencer and Saatchis, as well as interviews with well-known personalities such as the athlete Jonathan Edwards.
Neil Churchill, director of communications at Age Concern, said: "This is an exciting new project for Age Concern. We needed to make a fresh approach to business about age discrimination -- and to achieve that in a non-conventional charity format."
The magazine is being published by corporate PR and issues management firm Blue Rubicon. It comes ahead of an anti-ageism law that comes into force in 2006.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire