Feel wins £2m Rapture TV relaunch task
LONDON - Edinburgh-based production company PowerTV has hired Feel for the £2m relaunch of youth channel Rapture, which it bought from United Business Media in July.
Feel, the start-up agency founded by former Saatchi & Saatchi integrated creative director Chris Arnold, will handle the marketing and rebranding of the channel, as well as advising on sponsorship deals and programming.
Rapture TV was originally launched by United in 1997. It contained music shows alongside extreme sports programmes, most of which were hosted by young presenters, who had been hired following auditions open to members of the public with no former presenting experience. It closed at the end of last year after the company failed to find a buyer.
Power TV managing director David Henry said: "Rapture has built up a strong brand and following among a youth audience but became a victim of unimaginative programming and lax business practices."
Power TV aims to make the channel more interactive using technology such as SMS, which is popular with the youth audience.
"We plan to move it on with Feel's help and make it more relevant to the youth audience, who demand more of a channel and want to see it as part of their lifestyle, not just another channel showing endless dance videos and extreme sports fillers," Henry said.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager - Inbound Tourism - Dubai Based MCG Associates Tax Free Competitive Package, Dubai, UAE
- Senior Account Manager - Saudi Arabia - PR MCG Associates Tax Free Package, Riyadh. KSA
- Digital Advertising Manager - High End Lifestyle Ultimate Asset £43000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London
- Media Exec - Leading Media Agency - Mobile Sector Ultimate Asset £22000 - £26000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Biddable Paid Social Senior Executive - Top 10 Agency Ultimate Asset £25000 - £30000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account handler ready for an immediate start? Freelance, Contract or Temp to Perm? Barker Graves Up to £250/day, central london