MasterCard gives Christmas integrated push
LONDON - MasterCard is backing the latest instalment of its global 'priceless' above-the-line marketing push with an ambient campaign using sandwich bags, cinema tickets and an online competition.
All the ads, including the ambient media, follow the creative idea that paradise is only paradise because of the people you share it with, while the competition offers the chance to win a holiday at Little Whale Cay in the Bahamas.
The competition is being promoted by integrated communications agency ARC. The agency has created a mobile tropical island that will tour seven national railway stations across the UK during November and December, giving commuters a taste of the tropical experience.
The desert island includes a rock pool, palm trees, a machine that recreates smells of the beach and coconuts, sun floodlighting and a soundtrack of crashing waves and birds singing. It will spend several days at stations in London, Manchester, Cardiff, Leeds and Glasgow.
Rita Broe, head of marketing UK and Northern Europe for MasterCard, said: "This multi-faceted campaign harnesses the power of 'priceless' across multimedia. It is the first time we have promoted a competition via concourses and by utilising such ambient tactics in conjunction with a traditional media campaign, we are able to maximise the opportunity of reaching thousands of UK MasterCard cardholders to offer them a priceless holiday of their dreams."
The television and cinema ad shows a father on a tropical island whose idyllic holiday keeps being interrupted by his family. However, at the end of the ad, the father looks at his family, and a voice over says: "Knowing it wouldn't be paradise without them. Priceless."
The above-the-line campaign and ambient element were both created by McCann-Erickson London and runs across TV, cinema, radio, posters and print.
The "priceless" campaign is used by MasterCard in 90 countries.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Account Manager / Executive - Temporary Freelance Adam Recruitment £100 - £150 per day + doe, Manchester
- Senior Production Manager/ Production Director Premier Media £45,000 - £60,000, London
- Mid-Senior Planner | £50-70K Dynamic New Alliances £50000 - £70000 per annum + Excellent Package, City of London