FT names news editor and FT.com editor
LONDON - The Financial Times has made two senior editorial appointments as Tracy Corrigan is named editor of FT.com and Edward Carr is appointed news editor of the FT.
Corrigan, who is currently deputy news editor, started at the FT in 1990 and has since held several posts, including New York correspondent, deputy editor of Lex and head of capital markets.
She succeeds Chrystia Freeland who, following the successful redesign of FT.com and the introduction of subscription services, has been appointed editor of the Weekend FT.
Carr, who has been at the FT for two-and-a-half years, is currently world news editor in charge of the paper's international news pages. He started at the newspaper as editor of the daily business features section Inside Track. Before that, he spent 13 years at The Economist, holding reporting and editing positions including, latterly, business editor. Carr replaces William Lewis, who is moving to become business editor of The Sunday Times.
Andrew Gowers, editor of the Financial Times, said: "I am thrilled to be able to strengthen our top editorial management team with these two appointments. Ed Carr is a brilliant all-rounder, with extensive business reporting and editing experience and bags of energy. He is just the right person to take our all-important news operation to even greater heights.
"Tracy Corrigan has done a number of key reporting and editing jobs with sharpness and distinction. Ed and Tracy will work together to take the already impressive integration of newspaper and FT.com operations to completion."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Account Director AF Selection £35,000 - £38,000 plus car, Birmingham
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Global Insight Director Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + CA + benefits, London
- PPC Executive - Digital Media Agency Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London