Royal Mail backs 'Rings' promo with email
LONDON - Royal Mail is following its 'Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers' campaign with email activity to drive traffic to its promotional website, where customers can view a trailer for the film.
The email campaign is being run by Interactive Prospect Targeting, and is one of several the company is running for Royal Mail in the run-up to Christmas. The campaign will be run through IPT's Emailbureau, its low-cost email broadcasting division.
Emailbureau will also run email campaigns following up Royal Mail's direct mail activity to promote its Special Delivery service, by sending emails to everyone who did not respond to the original campaign. A third campaign will inform consumers of the final dates for posting items before Christmas.
Matt Robinson, new-media project manager, said: "Email marketing is an essential part of our communications mix and provides us with a cost-effective way of connecting with our customers, both business and consumer.
"Emailbureau offers us a great value service and provides us with the complex reporting tools we need to continually improve our return on investment."
Royal Mail is spending £7m on its 'Lord of the Rings' campaign, offering prizes of up to £1m when consumers buy books of 12 first-class Christmas stamps. Up to 14m gamecards will be issued by 55,000 retail outlets, offering the public the chance to "Find the One Ring and win £1m" in a promotion devised by Claydon Heely Jones Mason.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Marketing Analyst - Online Retail Jarlett de Grouchy £23000 - £28000 per annum + Benefits, Sleaford
- Web Designer / Front End Developer Guru Careers £45 - 50k + Benefits, Based in London (SE1)
- Head of Marketing - Commercial/B2B Berwick Partners Excellent basic plus benefits, Central London/Berkshire
- Account Manager (2 months) Stopgap £150 - £160 per day, London
- Account Manager Purple Consultancy £28000 - £30000 per annum, London