Royal Mail backs 'Rings' promo with email
LONDON - Royal Mail is following its 'Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers' campaign with email activity to drive traffic to its promotional website, where customers can view a trailer for the film.
The email campaign is being run by Interactive Prospect Targeting, and is one of several the company is running for Royal Mail in the run-up to Christmas. The campaign will be run through IPT's Emailbureau, its low-cost email broadcasting division.
Emailbureau will also run email campaigns following up Royal Mail's direct mail activity to promote its Special Delivery service, by sending emails to everyone who did not respond to the original campaign. A third campaign will inform consumers of the final dates for posting items before Christmas.
Matt Robinson, new-media project manager, said: "Email marketing is an essential part of our communications mix and provides us with a cost-effective way of connecting with our customers, both business and consumer.
"Emailbureau offers us a great value service and provides us with the complex reporting tools we need to continually improve our return on investment."
Royal Mail is spending £7m on its 'Lord of the Rings' campaign, offering prizes of up to £1m when consumers buy books of 12 first-class Christmas stamps. Up to 14m gamecards will be issued by 55,000 retail outlets, offering the public the chance to "Find the One Ring and win £1m" in a promotion devised by Claydon Heely Jones Mason.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Online Editorial Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £30000 - £35000 per annum + benefits, London
- Client Services Director Dot-Gap £55k, Central London