Herald Tribune launches international news bulletin
LONDON - The International Herald Tribune is launching a subscription-based electronic news service in partnership with nine international newspaper partners.
The paid-for English-language daily email newsletter, inadaily.com, will allow subscribers to receive a tailored daily email containing English-language articles from the Herald Tribune and its partners.
Costing $3.95 a month, the customisable service will allow subscribers to choose news, opinion and commentary pieces on subjects ranging from business and finance, sport, lifestyle and culture.
The Herald Tribune is launching the service with El Pais in Spain; Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung Publishing Group in Germany; Ha'aretz in Israel; Het Financieele Dagblad in The Netherlands; RCS/Corriere della Sera in Italy; JoongAng Daily, Korea; Kathimerini in Greece; Le Figaro in France; and The Daily Star in Lebanon.
The service is aimed at a range of international professionals including frequent flyer business travellers, serial expatriates, international students, as well as academics, journalists and news junkies.
Didier Brun, vice-president and director of development new media at the Herald Tribune, said: "If ever there was a time when it was crucial to know more about the news and views being reported in other countries and cultures, that time is now. By packaging our collective English-language content in a user-friendly and affordable email format, we make the formidable journalistic resources of the Herald Tribune and its partners much more accessible to many more people around the world."
Last month, it was announced that The New York Times is set to buy the Washington Post's 50% share of the International Herald Tribune and take full control of the paper.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Project Manager / Account Manager Story Recruitment £30-38k dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Business Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 + Bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager Direct Recruitment £28,000 - £32,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Direct Recruitment £32,000 +, London (Central), London (Greater)