Monster takes Super Bowl spot for fifth year running
LONDON - Monster.com, the global recruitment and careers website owned by TMP Worldwide, is to advertise during next year's Super Bowl for the fifth year running.
Monster.com said last year's advertising during the largest sporting event on US TV was so successful that traffic increased 167% to 28.25m page views in the 24-hour period after the game. This was 57% higher than the 24 hours following the 2001 game.
Monster chairman and founder Jeff Taylor said the spots would help the company's "Never Settle" message reach an "extensive audience".
He said: "Our continued involvement in major events like the Super Bowl and the Olympics drives Monster's presence to the level of the world's top brands."
The advertisements are under development, so no further information about the creative was available.
Advertising surrounding the 2003 Super Bowl is reported to be 80% sold out. Only one spot is understood to be left in the first half.
This is in contrast to last year, when News Corporation's Fox TV sold out with only four days to go as a result of the advertising downturn and the start of the Winter Olympic games, which began five days after Super Bowl Sunday.
Walt Disney-owned TV network ABC, which is broadcasting the game this year, is believed to be charging between $2m (£1.3m) and $2.2m for each 30-second spot, up from the $1.9m Fox charged.
Super Bowl XXXVII will air live on January 26 2003 from the Qualcomm Stadium in San Diego, California.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Middleweight Designer Major Players £30000 - £35000 per annum + Pension & Life Cover, City of London
- Senior Brand Executive Ninesharp £120 - £130 per day, Bournemouth
- Senior Designer Major Players £35000 - £45000 per annum, City of London