Ray Kelly resurfaces to join Just Media board
LONDON - Ray Kelly, the former chairman and chief executive of Aegis-owned media buying agency Carat, has re-emerged as non-executive director of independent media agency Just Media.
Kelly, who is also a non-executive director of London Weekend Television, was ousted from Carat in February following a reorganisation that saw Carat merge its Northern and Southern European media operations into a single unit.
He had been chairman and chief executive of Carat Northern Europe since 1990, and led the agency to become the largest media-buying operation in Europe, overtaking rival Zenith.
Kelly, who has worked in the industry for 35 years, will help Just Media with its expansion plans and strategic direction. One area in particular Kelly will work on is its plans to expand its US office. The agency opened the office, its first move outside the UK, four years ago in Berkerley, California and wants to grow this in 2003.
According to Kelly: "Just Media is operating in a space which I am firmly convinced is set to grow and, with its expansion into the US, is in a position to capitalise on both sides of the Atlantic. Of all the discussions I have had with a number of companies, Just Media was exceptional."
Just Media was founded in 1995 by Sarah du Heaume. The company has annual turnover of £18m through planning and buying media space on an international basis for business-to-business clients such as Sony, Tektronix and Unisys/Microsoft.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Marketing Manager - Ardington Ltd Ball & Hoolahan £Competitive Salary Package, South East
- Brand Activation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £36,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East
- Marketing Manager - Inbound Tourism - Dubai Based MCG Associates Tax Free Competitive Package, Dubai, UAE
- Senior Account Manager - Saudi Arabia - PR MCG Associates Tax Free Package, Riyadh. KSA
- Digital Advertising Manager - High End Lifestyle Ultimate Asset £43000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London
- Media Exec - Leading Media Agency - Mobile Sector Ultimate Asset £22000 - £26000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London