National Trust to use email for raffle task
LONDON - Heritage charity the National Trust is using an email marketing campaign to invite people to take part in its annual fundraising raffle, which is being staged online.
The email is targeting 45,000 people who have agreed to receive information from charities. The HTML email is a simple invite from the National Trust raffle coordinator, offering recipients the chance to win a number of prizes including £10,000 in cash.
The database of email addresses belongs to the Charity Technology Trust, which has been set up to help charities to make the best use of digital marketing and technology to raise funds and generate support.
The email was created by CTT in conjunction with digital marketing agency Frontwire, using its Workspace email marketing tool.
Peter Sweatman, founder of CTT, said: "The National Trust is used to using traditional means to market its raffle to the people it already knows. So, using an email promotion to a brand new set of donors is a significant step, not simply for the National Trust but for the fundraising sector overall."
Proceeds from the raffle will contribute directly to the National Trust's core work in the conservation and protection of some of Britain's most spectacular historic buildings and areas of natural beauty.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Vice President Marketing Communications Direct Recruitment £75,000 - £79,000, London
- Account Director - Integrated - [Digital / Promotions] - Dynamic agency! to £49k Fill Recruitment Ltd £45k - £49k + superb bonus & benefits, Central London
- Partnerships Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 per annum, London
- Head of Marketing - Luxury Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + benefits, London
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 per annum, South East
- Brand Communications Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + benefits, South East