Varley steps into de Pear's client services role
LONDON - Melanie Varley, joint head of the MediaLab research and development arm of Mediaedge:cia, has had her remit extended to include running the company's client services unit for Europe, Middle East and Africa.
Varley's appointment fills the gap left by the resignation of Ron de Pear, the managing director of the client services and solutions group who is set to leave at the end of the year. De Pear will continue to work on a consultative basis on projects during next year.
As well as jointly running MediaLab with New York-based Joe Abruzzo, Varley will head up the EMEA worldwide client services and solutions group from the London office.
She will be in charge of a team of 80, including senior executives such as Martin Thomas, who is in charge of communications planning; and managing partners Frances O'Neil, who leads the London management, and Caroline Foster, who works on business development and best practice.
This team will work closely with Dirk Fromm, who heads up the Dusseldorf office; Blandine Pilot in Paris; and Michele Votta, head of the Milan team.
Mainardo de Nardis, CEO Mediaedge:cia Worldwide, said: "I have every confidence in [Mel's] abilities to lead the EMEA worldwide client services and solutions group to the next stage, helping further develop the company's offering and services to its international clients."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Biddable Media Manager PPC - Cracking Client Accounts! Ultimate Asset £30000 - £37000 per annum + Amazing Benefits , London
- Senior Digital Designer Gemini Search £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Strategic Search Manager - PPC - LUXURY BRAND Ultimate Asset £25000 - £38000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London