Varley steps into de Pear's client services role
LONDON - Melanie Varley, joint head of the MediaLab research and development arm of Mediaedge:cia, has had her remit extended to include running the company's client services unit for Europe, Middle East and Africa.
Varley's appointment fills the gap left by the resignation of Ron de Pear, the managing director of the client services and solutions group who is set to leave at the end of the year. De Pear will continue to work on a consultative basis on projects during next year.
As well as jointly running MediaLab with New York-based Joe Abruzzo, Varley will head up the EMEA worldwide client services and solutions group from the London office.
She will be in charge of a team of 80, including senior executives such as Martin Thomas, who is in charge of communications planning; and managing partners Frances O'Neil, who leads the London management, and Caroline Foster, who works on business development and best practice.
This team will work closely with Dirk Fromm, who heads up the Dusseldorf office; Blandine Pilot in Paris; and Michele Votta, head of the Milan team.
Mainardo de Nardis, CEO Mediaedge:cia Worldwide, said: "I have every confidence in [Mel's] abilities to lead the EMEA worldwide client services and solutions group to the next stage, helping further develop the company's offering and services to its international clients."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- New Business Development Manager - Creative Agency - £15k to £20k OTE £30k to £35k Stonor £15k to£20k with OTE £30k - £35k, Northants