National press recruitment advertising falls to new low
LONDON - Recruitment advertising in the national press has fallen to an eight-year low, according to a new report.
The monthly Report on Jobs, compiled by the Recruitment & Employment Confederation and accountants Deloitte & Touche shows that recruitment advertising in national newspapers fell 20% in October.
It said that the level of recruitment advertising in the national press in October fell to the lowest seen since data collection began 17 years ago.
However, it also said that a recovery could be in sight, signalled by an "easing in the annual rate of decline in press ads to the weakest for 16 months".
The hardest-hit sectors have been finance, accounting and information technology, where demand for staff has continued to fall.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire