National press recruitment advertising falls to new low
LONDON - Recruitment advertising in the national press has fallen to an eight-year low, according to a new report.
The monthly Report on Jobs, compiled by the Recruitment & Employment Confederation and accountants Deloitte & Touche shows that recruitment advertising in national newspapers fell 20% in October.
It said that the level of recruitment advertising in the national press in October fell to the lowest seen since data collection began 17 years ago.
However, it also said that a recovery could be in sight, signalled by an "easing in the annual rate of decline in press ads to the weakest for 16 months".
The hardest-hit sectors have been finance, accounting and information technology, where demand for staff has continued to fall.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Business Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 + Bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager Direct Recruitment £28,000 - £32,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Direct Recruitment £32,000 +, London (Central), London (Greater)
- planning director > ATL > LONDON's BEST collectivo Up to £100,000 per annum + benefits, London